Lower School Carline
Each day we help roughly 760 students get into our school building and back out at the end of the day. Thank you for your patience and understanding with our dismissal procedures. They are designed to be as safe and efficient as possible. Please help maintain the safety of all by going through the carline and not walking through the parking lot.
Drop Off and Pick Up Times
Our pick up times have changed!
- Drop Off: 7:15-7:40am
- Full Day Pick Up: 3:25-3:50pm
- Early-Release Friday Pick Up: 1:25-1:50pm
After 7:40am, students will need to be dropped off at the front desk. Students are tardy at 7:45am. Students not picked up by 3:50pm on full days and 1:50pm on early-release Fridays will be sent to the front desk where they will need to be signed out.
If your child has an afternoon doctor’s appointment and needs to leave school early, please sign them out at the front desk before 2:45pm on full days and before 12:45pm on early-release Fridays. After these times students may only be picked up in the carline for the safety of all.
Carline Rules and Procedures
- Everyone is expected to drive safely and show good manners to their fellow drivers at all times. We know that carline can be a stressful time of day; a smile and wave can go a long way toward helping everyone remain patient and kind.
- Drivers must not use their cell phones while in carline. It is exceedingly dangerous.
- Our teachers and staff are present to ensure everything is running as safely and efficiently as possible. Thank you in advance for listening to and following their directions with a smile.
- Please help your child to know the type and color of vehicle that will be picking them up and describe it to our teachers. They help us get them in the right cars by raising their hands high when they see their car in the pick up zone.
- During pick up, please continue to display your placards even after your child’s number has been entered. This helps us to match students to the right cars as quickly as possible.
For afternoon pick up we use a digital dismissal system called CurbSmart. CurbSmart allows us to enter students names which then pop up on a screen in their classroom letting them know it is time to head outside. You may see teachers who appear to be on their cell phones during pick up. Please know that these teachers are using their phones to access CurbSmart and help pick up run smoothly.
CurbSmart also allows us to dismiss students to the correct line (Blue, White, or Green) whichever one you go to. When the student’s name pops up on the screen, it also says which door they should head to based on which teacher entered their name outside. While we recommend that vehicles with students in Kindergarten through 3rd Grade use the Green Line, vehicles with students in 4th and 5th Grade use the Blue Line, and vehicles who need to head to the Upper School use the White Line, CurbSmart means that all three lines are available to any family both morning and afternoon should any particular line by too lengthy.
Lower School Carline Maps
Please make sure that you have studied our carline maps carefully. Carline is safer and more efficient when everyone knows and complies with the expectations. Please take special note of the following:
- The Green Line begins northbound on Belt Line to turn right onto Story Road. Please do not join the Green Line by turning left onto Story, or by turning left into the parking lot off Skyway Circle. Doing either of these things is cutting in front of others who have been waiting patiently.
- The Blue and White Lines begin to the east at the four-way stop and head south on Skyway Circle.
- Cars in the White Line must turn right as they exit and travel around Skyway Circle to the four-way stop to make a safe left turn to head to the Upper School.
- Cars exiting the Green and Blue Lines should turn left onto Skyway and then right onto Story Road. Attempting to turn left onto Story in heavy traffic is dangerous and causes our carlines to back up. We often have a traffic officer to help ensure everyone turns right, but we ask that you please do so even when the officer is not present.
It is important that you display your child(ren)’s placards during pick up each day. Vehicles not displaying placards will be asked to pull around and sign students out at the front desk. Please do not modify placards or make copies. If someone else will be picking up your students, please deliver the original placards we gave you to them to use for pick up. If you need additional placards, just visit the front desk anytime and we can provide those for you.
Every time families carpool it reduces the number of cars that have to go through carline. If you need help finding a family that lives nearby you might be able to carpool with, please reach out to PSO@GreatHeartsIrving.org.
Upper School Carline
The carline route has changed! Be sure to take a look at the new Carline Map below!
- Drop Off: 7:30-8:00am
- Full Day Pick Up: 3:35-4:00pm
- Early-Release Friday Pick Up: 1:35-2:00pm
Students not picked up by 4:00pm on full days and 2:00pm on early-release Fridays will be sent to Homework Club.