College Testing Information
Great Hearts Irving School Code: 440278
Test Prep Resources
SAT Subject Tests
SAT Subject Tests are college admission exams on specific subjects. These are the only national admission tests where you choose the tests that best showcase your strengths and interests.
- There are 20 SAT Subject Tests in five general subject areas:
- English, history, languages, mathematics and science. See the subjects.
- Each Subject Test is an hour long.
- They are all multiple-choice and scored on a 200–800 scale.
- Subject Tests test you on your knowledge of subjects on a high school level.
- The best way to prepare is to take the relevant courses and work hard in them.
College Level Examination Program (CLEP):
CLEP exams are created and administered by CollegeBoard. You may receive college credit for what you already know, for a fraction of the cost of a college course. You can prepare for and take the exams on your own time, whether you’re getting a head start on college or working to finish your degree.
- Save money – CLEP exam costs $87.
- Earn college credit – Passing score on a CLEP exam can earn you three or more college credits.
- Save time – CLEP exams you can place out of introductory courses and move more quickly towards your major or other areas of study.
Resources / Informative Articles
College Counseling Newsletters
***PDF files can be read with a pdf reader, such as from Adobe Acrobat Reader